Sunday, 5 September 2010

Ulzzang (얼짱) look.

I know I'm rather late on this trend. But fortunately I'm catching up. Thanks to the Pretty Boys and Girls show on Animax (Channel 715). I was hooked after watching this particular episode where the contestants need to remove all their make-up and contact lens. I was amazed of how the power of make-up, contact lens, camera angle and Photoshop editing can do to change someones appearance so much.
Basically, they have these three common features: Big eyes, high nose bridge and small nose and fair skin. There are contests competing for the title of ulzzang held online. Many ulzzang have entered the Korean entertainment business, and some have risen to stardom. Some of the examples are:
Ku Hye Sun,
Nam Sang-mi 
and
Park Han-byul

  I was hoping to achieve this look. Unfortunately I don't have the criteria needed. Oh well, I might try it someday, just for fun.

No comments: