Sunday, 23 June 2013

My BANA confession.

Brace yourselves, this is going to be long.
#B1A4사랑해요

It was so nice reading trough all the BANAs stories of how they fell in love with B1A4. Those precious moments how they come to know about this amazing sprout-idol group and ultimately became a BANA.

I wish I could do the same. As for me, I never knew how, when and why I started to like B1A4. It just happened to me. IT just struck me and I never know the exact when and why. The magical feeling of falling in love came so suddenly that left me in a daze.

I've listen to k-pop before, liked a few group and bands here and there, but has never considered myself a true fan or declare I belong to any fandom. But when it comes to B1A4, oh my fangirl heart just turns on automatically (even though it was slow).

My BANA confession:

1. First MV I watched; B1A4 - O.K. I liked it and especially like the breeze dance part but still didn’t consider myself as a fan. (at that time, the name BANA was still nonexistent) But still the song was in my head and I kept playing it on repeat.
2. Watch MTV Match Up. I liked both group (Block B & B1A4) and still didn’t consider myself as a fan. My favorite part was when Zico laughed at the written letter from Jinyoung. (From a leader to another) He drew a heart. ~♥ LOL!
3. Second MV, B1A4 - Beautiful Target. I “like it like it like it”. It “joom joom my heart like a locket.” I thought it was adorable. Like the first song, this was on repeat too.
4. Been a fan of Let's Go! Dream Team 2, but never notice the existence of Jinyoung, Baro or Sandeul.
5. Watched Hello Baby Season 6 because of the show and the babies, not because of B1A4.
6. Third MV I watched, Baby Good Night (잘자요 굿나잇) this is when I think I was hooked.
7. 걸어 본다 Tried To Walk, the fourth MV I watched.
8. Started looking for other shows, found Sesame Player and loved it. Favorite parts was the slow-bear CNU moments and Jinyoung composing the Sesame Player song. It was so catchy!
9. Then, on the historical month of May 2013, B1A4 releases What's Going On? I was there from the first teaser photo on April 23.
10. I kept a close watch at their teaser photos on their site and in allkpop.
11. I anticipated the actual album to be released on May 06.
12. I waited for the MV on YouTube on May 07.
13. I was tuning in during the live telecast of B1A4 "What's Happening" Hangout! May 08.
14. I bought the album and downloaded it legally at Soribada on May 09. My first time ever buying a Korean album.
15. Finally, I declare myself as a BANA. Officially!

The process was slow, I know, but still I’m a BANA and I’m proud to say I am.

No comments: